Hi Krzysztof,

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 02:19:24AM +0100, Krzysztof Ol?dzki wrote:
> >I would not be surprized if
> >he already had some pieces of code in good shape.
>
> Not this time. ;)

hehe :-)

> The code I have currently is only a fast-hack to help my "IIS
> colleagues" by extracting IIS "extended http codes" provided in the
> html, so they are able to track malfunctions faster. However, I believe
> it would be quite easy to make it more generic, mainly by adding a
> proper configuration interface and allowing to fail a check, not only by
> a http response code, but also by a matched/unmatched regex (slower) or
> by a found/missing string (faster).

In fact I don't care much if regex tests are slower, because people are
not forced to use them. If people want scalable fast tests, they have to
run an agent on each server (inetd script). They want regex or string
matching for simplicity, which is acceptable as long as they don't have
too many servers.

> I think I should be able to publish a first RFC patch at the beginning
> of the next week (~11.01.2009), so after 2-3 interactions it should be
> ready to be merged. If you are still going to accept such changes after
> the 1.4dev5, it should get into the 1.4 release.

That would be very cool. Yes, such changes will be accepted after dev5.
I think we'll be able to merge the generic stickiness framework too, and
that should be OK for a new release. Next versions will be dedicated to
chase bugs and add minor features.

Best regards,