Hi

> > it's statically in the kernel, i haven't gottten around to recompiling
> > the kernel yet to compile it out.
> >
> > i am using the NOTRACK module to bypass all traffic around conntrack though.
>
> What a shame :-(
> Unless I'm mistaken, that means that a connection is created for each
> incoming packet, then immediately destroyed using the NOTRACK target.
> Then it's the same again for outgoing packets. So while lookups are
> fast in an empty table, this still costs a lot of CPU. Also, there was
> a discussion in the past about netfilter's counters causing cache
> thrashing in SMP because they are updated for every packet. I don't
> remember the details and I may even be wrong though.

Nope, raw table is done before any other table so when u specify NOTRACK
it will completely bypass conntracking. But then, unless u really need
conntrack for something else, disabling it entirely would be a bit
better (with empty iptables there is no need for kernel to go thru any
rule so a bit less cpu load)

--
Mariusz Gronczewski (XANi) <xani...@gmail.com>
GnuPG: 0xEA8ACE64