Dnia 2010-02-09, wto o godzinie 19:37 +0100, Berco Beute pisze:

> I want to use HAPROXY between a slow mysql clients and a mysql server
> to minimize database interaction time. The large network latency
> between the client and database is currently a performance bottleneck.
> The database is often occupied serving result-data to the slow client.
>
> In my new setup the HAPROXY sits next to the database and makes sure
> database interaction time is as small as possible. After HAPROXY has
> fetched the data from the database it buffers it and serves is to the
> slow client.This way slow clients cannot occupy database connections
> for too long.
>
> Is HAPROXY suitable for this? If so, where can I find examples how to
> configure HAPROXY?
>
> Kind regards,
> Berco Beute

Haproxy buffers only headers in http mode and when inspecting, so it
wont do what u want. Basically, in tcp mode it dont know anything about
whats goin on inside connection xcept things like sticking same client
to server (for example in rdp). It can' do things like "keep connection
open and spoonfeed server response to client" (unless response is small
enougth to sit in connection buffer).
Maybe https://launchpad.net/mysql-proxy ?
--
Mariusz Gronczewski (XANi) <xani...@gmail.com>