On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:51:16AM -0500, Graham Barr wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2010, at 12:53 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 05:07:12PM -0500, Graham Barr wrote:
> >> We are using 1.4.4 but whenever we access the stats via
> >> /admin?stats;norefresh we are unable to get the full page and end up with
> >> a page within a page.
> >
> > what do you call "a page within a page" ?
>
> Basically haproxy seems to be sending the page more than once within the same
> http request. The 2nd page starts before the first is finished, so when it
> gets rendered it looks like a page within itself.
>
> > Could you please save what
> > you receive and send it ?
>
> Sure, I have attached 3 examples

Wow, thanks !

That's weird and amazingly strange. I've just checked and some outputs
were not duplicates (eg: page 1 has two consecutive blocks of exactly
29548 bytes but with different counters).

This is just as if haproxy believed it had got two requests and started
processing the dummy second one completely. Could you check if you see
2 requests in your logs ? I also suppose this only happens when keep-alive
is enabled. You might want to use "option httpclose" or "option forceclose"
in the section which handles the stats to see if that works around it.

If you have the time to do so, I would love to get a tcpdump capture of
the request as seen on the haproxy machine, because clearly there's a bug
here and it must be fixed, and for that I need some hints on how to
reproduce it since I've never observed that yet !

If it's not too much to ask, an output of "strace -o output.file -s200 -p
$pidofhaproxy"
during the capture would help a lot too. I don't know if it's easy for
you to reproduce the problem, nor if it only happens on a production
system or even on a test setup. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks,