On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 07:13:50AM -0400, Turlapati, Sreenivasa wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks a lot.
> By default we got xlc compiler and unfortunate or fortunate we have to
> work with xlc compiler only.
>
> As per your below comment, we got very slight chances or no chance to
> compile and make it work with xlc compiler? Unfortunately, I am not sure
> whether I can able to get gcc and gmake get installed by the admin
> people.

You don't need the admin to install them, there are available packages
that can be installed anywhere, though I don't remember where I found
them. I was using a gcc-4.0.0, but I remeber having found a 4.2 too.
Those were distributed as RPMs that I simply converted to tar.gz and
extracted in /tmp.

> Is there any alternative way to make it compile in AIX with xlc
> compiler?

I don't even believe it. I have tried for some time but the build errors
were so low level that many things would not work anyway.