Hi,

I'm using haproxy for few years on quite big environments so I'd like
to say 'BIG THANKS' before asking a question :-)

simple scenario:

backend www1
       [ few hundreds of servers ]

backend www2
       [ few hundreds of servers ]

backend www3
       [ few hundreds of servers ]

backend www4
       [ few hundreds of servers ]

frontend http
        bind :80
        acl host-www1 hdr(host) -i www1
        acl host-www2 hdr(host) -i www2
        acl host-www3 hdr(host) -i www3
        acl host-www4 hdr(host) -i www4

        use_backend     www1  if      host-www1
        use_backend     www2  if      host-www2
        use_backend     www3  if      host-www3
        use_backend     www4  if      host-www4

Is there any way to create _meta_ backend over www1+www2+www3+www4? I
need to push traffic to all servers (from all backends) in case of one
specific acl case. Is it necessary to create 'backend all' with list
of all servers? What about amount of health checks if server is
present in _many_ backends ?

Cheers,
Bartek