The Apache instances run under Windows, and the application is a homegrown windows executable CGI. It's my opinion that the OS choice is the entire problem, but it's not something we can change without a complete rewrite of major systems.

I'm a sysadmin, not a developer! I will talk to the developer about modifying his code. I was hoping to simply duplicate the current functionality so that they would not need to do that. The X-Forwarded-For header should be sent through to the CGI, right? I don't think this is the end of the world.

Thanks,
Shawn