Hello All,

I've recently setup a pair of haproxy VMs (running in Hyper-V) over Ubuntu
10.10
w/ keepalived

Things seem to be working pretty well. We're moving 35-50Mbps (1442 concurrent
sessions avg) thru the primary node all day, but we're noticing that multiple
concurrent http requests from the client seem like they're being responded to
serially.

For example, we run a 3D game that issues http requests for in-world resources
(textures, maps, images) from the client to the web servers through HAproxy.
When we log into the game, we see multiple blank areas on the walls that load
one-by-one, slowly, serially. When we bypass HAproxy, everything will load
immediately. Oddly enough, individual request thru haproxy are very fast: 65K
resource file downloads in 0.17seconds; but the next resource doesn't load
until
the previous is complete...

Is there a limit of how many concurrent (http or otherwise) connections to
haproxy/linux a client can have?
Can you point me to any performance tweaks I can place in Ubuntu or Haproxy
that
will help with this?

Thanks in advance!
David

[CURRENT CONFIG]
    global
        daemon
        user haproxy
        maxconn 100000
        pidfile /etc/haproxy/haproxy.pid
        stats socket /tmp/haproxy.stat level admin

    defaults
        mode http
        timeout connect 5000ms
        timeout client 50000ms
        timeout server 50000ms
        retries 3
        option redispatch
        option httpclose
        option forwardfor

    backend WEBFARM
        balance leastconn
        cookie HAP-SID insert indirect maxidle 120m
        option httpchk GET /check.aspx HTTP/1.0
        http-check expect string SUCCESS
        server TC-IIS-2 10.4.1.22:80 cookie TI2 check
        server TC-IIS-3 10.4.1.23:80 cookie TI3 check
        server TC-IIS-4 10.4.1.24:80 cookie TI4 check
        server TC-IIS-5 10.4.1.25:80 cookie TI5 check
        server TC-IIS-6 10.4.1.26:80 cookie TI6 check
        server TC-IIS-7 10.4.1.27:80 cookie TI7 check

    frontend HYBRID_WEBS
        default_backend WEBFARM
        bind 127.0.0.1:80 name LOCAL
        bind 10.4.0.10:80 name HYBRID_WEBS