On 19/02/11 23:46, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> What fix do you mean ? Haproxy can't force your servers to disable DNS
> resolving.
>
> Regards,
> Willy
Fix is probably the wrong word to have used.  I don't think anything in
haproxy is broken.

To me haproxy's health checks are like a http client.  Other http
clients like ab, links and other web browsers do not seem to act in the
same manner as haproxy does, in that they don't do the same DNS lookups.
 during the testing I did ab got quick fetches from servers regardless
of them having reverse lookup entries.

Maybe, just maybe, haproxy's health checks could act in a similar way.

Regards,

Neil

disclaimer: http://lse.ac.uk/emailDisclaimer