On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 01:10:12AM -0800, Joel Krauska wrote:
> On 3/9/11 1:03 AM, Graeme Donaldson wrote:
> >2011/3/9 Hervé COMMOWICK<hcommow...@exceliance.fr>:
> >>http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.4/doc/configuration.txt
> >>
> >>option httplog [ clf ]
> >>  Enable logging of HTTP request, session state and timers
> >>  May be used in sections :   defaults | frontend | listen | backend
> >>                                 yes   |    yes   |   yes  |   yes
> >>  Arguments :
> >>    clf       if the "clf" argument is added, then the output format
> >>  will be the CLF format instead of HAProxy's default HTTP format. You
> >>  can use this when you need to feed HAProxy's logs through a specific
> >>  log analyser which only support the CLF format and which is not
> >>  extensible.
> >>

> >Be careful, HAproxy's CLF is Apache's "common log format", not the
> >"combined log format" that Joel originally asked for. The latter also
> >logs the User-Agent and Referer headers.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Graeme.
> >

> Ah yes.
>
> That's 95% though. I'll take it.
>
> Combined would be a great addition.

Hey, simply add header captures and you'll get it at a different position
though.

> Even better would be apache style custom format syntax.

No, it serves a different purpose. Some info that apache has are not in
haproxy and many of the info haproxy logs cannot be expressed with the
custom format.

Anyway, we've planned to do a big rework of the logs subsystem to make
them much more extensible.