Hi Simon,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 01:32:42PM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this patch series attempts to allow haproxy to be restarted - perhaps
> reconfigured would be a better term - without refusing or dropping
> connections.

Wow, I'm impressed, you managed to do that really quickly !

You sent that at the right moment, because I have almost settled down
on the internal changes needed to work on server-side keep-alive, so
I should issue -dev4 once I'm fine with those changes. Then we'll be
able to start by integrating your changes.

In the mean time, I have a few questions which come to mind :
  - does the socket cache consider all of the "bind" parameters ?
    (eg: mss, interface, transparent, ...)

  - what happens if the new config file uses some conflicting bind
    entries ? Eg: old config used to listen on 192.168.1.1:80 and
    the new one uses 0.0.0.0:80 ? Or even :80 for the old one (IPv4)
    and :::80 for the new one (IPv6) ?

  - does the master send a signal to all children asking them to unbind
    (as we did with -sf) ?

  - do the debug modes (-d/-db) disable the master_worker mode ?

In fact I'm interested in any corner cases we should be aware of so
that we can clearly document them and indicate how to handle them
(eg: fall back to -st if it's not possible to rebind, etc...)

Thanks !