Habeeb,

given your Apache does actually insert/append an X-Forwarded-For header
you can use this statement instead of balance source in HAProxy:

balance hdr(X-Forwarded-For)

This has a few caveats you should be aware. Users can set the
X-Forwarded-Header themselves (which is done by some upstream proxies).
Most forwarders (HAProxy included) just append their IP to the list by
default. I don't know how Apache can be configured, but you should try
to delete and upstream X-Forwarded-For headers and just include the IP
of the last visible source to avoid users messing with the balancing.

Hope that helps,
Holger