From: Levente Peres [mailto:sheri...@eurosystems.hu]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 9:54 AM
To: haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: Defending against the "Apache killer"

Hello,

There're a number of webserver-mace apps on the net, the newest that I heard of
being the so called "Apache killer" script I saw a few days agon on Full
disclosure... Here you can see a demonstration of what it does. Also, I've
attached the script itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkCQZaVjBhA

I believe we should discuss some possibilities about how to configure HAProxy
to protect Apache backends as much as possible, or at least mitigate such
attacks? Any ideas?

Cheers,

Levente