Hi,

Thank you for your observation - indeed I did notice some of those as I was
writing my email - I have updated my globals to increase the server timeout
(as we are doing long polling) and reduce the others, and remove the
duplicates:

defaults
    mode              http
    option            httplog
    #option           tcplog
    option            dontlognull
    option            dontlog-normal

    log               global
    retries           10
    maxconn           50000
    option forwardfor except 127.0.0.1/32 # Apache on https://127.0.0.1
     option httpclose                      # Required for REMOTE HEADER
    option redispatch

    timeout connect 10000
    timeout client  10000
    timeout server  7200000

I still notice the same errors in the logs! (slightly less 504, as I would
expect through the increase in "timeout server" - but I still don't
understand why I get any at all in the first minute of a new process).

Cheers,

Alex