Hello all,

Have a problem at the moment that I just cant seem to fix. We currently run
a master RDS instance but between the hours of 8am and 6pm we spawn a read
only replica up so that there is no affect on writes while some of the
longer queries are made.

If we restart haproxy it instantly pick up this slave but it never finds it
with out a restart. ANyone else had this probelm or know what a fix is?

config file is below

TIA

Rhys

global
        log 127.0.0.1   local0
        maxconn 4096
        user haproxy
        group haproxy
        daemon

defaults
        log     global
        mode    tcp
        option  tcplog
        option  dontlognull
        retries 3
        option redispatch
        contimeout      5000
        clitimeout      50000
        srvtimeout      50000

listen mysql-pdw
        bind 0.0.0.0:3306
        option mysql-check user theusername
        hash-type consistent
        balance roundrobin
        server slave2 nameofslave2andid.rds.amazonaws.com:3306 weight 100
check inter 5s observe layer4
        server slave1 nameofslave1andid.rds.amazonaws.com:3306 weight 10
check inter 5s observe layer4
        server master nameofmasterandid.rds.amazonaws.com:3306 weight 1
check inter 5s observe layer4