On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Daniel Rankov <daniel.ran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeap, I'm aware of net.ipv4.tcp_tw_reuse and the need of TIME_WAIT state,
> but still if there is a way to send a RST /either configuration or compile
> parameter/ the connection will be destroyed.

TIME_WAIT is usually not a problem if port reuse is enabled (I haven't
seen an example otherwise), and you will usually have FIN_WAIT1
sockets if there is a problem with connections terminating badly.

Now that I recall that the socket option to always send RST packets is
called SO_NOLINGER, I noticed that there is an 'option nolinger' for
both front and backends in happroxy.

-jim