On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Karthik Iyer <karthiksz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to get the souce ip exposed to the nodes for tcp mode in
> someway while running haproxy as non-tproxy, for haproxy 1.4 ?

The most common use for TCP mode is balancing SSL traffic, where
having the IP would do you no good, since you can't insert it into the
stream.

The patch that you're thinking of is for stunnel[1], to add an
x-forwarded-for header.

You could also use stud[2], which can add a header, or use the proxy-protocol.

1. http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/patches/
2. https://github.com/bumptech/stud

I've also used nginx with great success as an ssl wrapper, which can
give you some added functionality as well.

-jim