Hi,

I am doing some testing to use haproxy in front of two mysql servers
and I am getting some strange behaviour with the "mysql-check" option.

I have created the haproxy user in both mysql servers as explained in
documentation and I can connect using mysql client from shell without
problem. The strange thing is that if I use the mysql client from
command line to connect to the frontend in 1.1.1.1:3307 it works ok
and looking at logs, haproxy is doing round robin with two servers ok
but when I look at the haproxy stats website I see both mysql nodes in
state "not checked" with grey background color. I don´t know why
checks are not running in the mysql nodes and I suppose that if a node
goes down haproxy won´t detect the fail. does anyone know which could
be the reason for this "not checked" state??

I am using the latest stable haproxy release, 1.4.19. I installed
debian squeeze package to get all init scripts and then just replaced
the haproxy binary in /usr/sbin/haproxy with the haproxy latest
release that I have compiled. Also tried to use the latest haproxy dev
release with the same results.

this is my config file:

global
        log 127.0.0.1 local0
        log 127.0.0.1 local1 notice

        maxconn 4096
        user haproxy
        group haproxy
        #debug
        daemon

defaults
        log global
        mode tcp
        option tcplog
        option dontlognull
        retries 3
        option redispatch
        maxconn 2000
        contimeout 4000
        clitimeout 50000
        srvtimeout 30000
        stats enable
        stats scope .

frontend mysql_cluster
        bind 1.1.1.1:3307
        mode tcp
        option tcplog
        log global
        default_backend mysql_cluster

backend mysql_cluster
        mode tcp
        balance roundrobin
        option mysql-check user haproxy
        server sql00 1.1.1.1:3306 weight 1 inter 5s rise 2 fall 2
        server sql01 1.1.1.2:3306 weight 1 inter 5s rise 2 fall 2

listen stats 1.1.1.1:31337
        mode http
        option httpclose
        balance roundrobin
        stats uri /
        stats realm Haproxy\ Statistics
        stats auth user:pass

any clue about what I am doing wrong? many thanks in advance for any
help or suggestion.

Pablo.

--
Pablo Escobar Lopez