This is the definition of the backend checks:

server                  adserver2 192.168.10.61:80   check inter 240000 we
ight 100

listen adserver.adworxs.net
        bind                    192.168.10.68:80
        mode                    http
        log                     global
        option                  dontlognull
        option                  httpclose
        option                  forwardfor
        maxconn                 10000
        clitimeout              1200000
        balance                 roundrobin
        contimeout              1200000
        srvtimeout              1200000
        retries                 10
        option                  httpchk HEAD /www/admin/index.php HTTP/1.0
        stats                   enable
        stats                   uri /haproxy?stats
        stats                   realm adserver.adworxs.net
        stats                   auth admin:<pw>
        stats                   show-node
        stats                   refresh s

I've already had the problem that the check intervals collided with the check timeouts, but I thought I solved that problem by configuring longer timeouts and check intervals longer than timeout times.

Best regards
Sebastian