Hi Jonathan,

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 02:40:20PM +0000, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> It seems to me that there's a trivial DoS available whenever "observe
> layer7" is enabled if, as I'm imagining, the set of acceptable
> response codes for "observe layer7" is derived from those configured
> for the "httpchk".

No it's not. I've just checked in the code and we were careful to only
use the error statuses that a client cannot trigger :

   - < 100
   - >= 500 except 501 and 505

I've just updated the doc to reflect this.

So you can safely use "oberve layer7" without risking that a user puts
your servers down or forces them to receive storms of health checks.