On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 05:39:24AM +0200, Baptiste wrote:
> Hi,,
>
> 1. not doable at this time with HAProxy
> And I don't even know if there is any plans to do it soon.

It's planned for 1.6, let's hope one day we finish 1.5 first :-)

> 2. easily doable through the stick table with the counter conn_cur.
> Some examples are provided here
> http://blog.exceliance.fr/2012/02/27/use-a-load-balancer-as-a-first-row-of-defense-against-ddos/
> Note that limiting number of connection to 3 is too low for regular
> browser, it may be enough for webservices.

Warning, Igor asked for limiting source addresses to 3 max. The table_cnt ACL
is usable to report the number of entries in a table (eg: the number of source
IP addresses). It's just needed to make the table expire immediately so that
these addresses are not kept when the connection closes. A timeout of 1ms
should do the trick I think.