Hello Willy,

2012/5/8 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>:

> For such border-line uses, you need to enable "option http-no-delay". By

great! that did it.

> default, haproxy tries to merge as many TCP segments as possible. But in
> your case, the application is abusing the HTTP protocol by expecting that

Does haproxy even discard the PUSH Flag on tcp-packets? or is
microsoft simply not sending it?

> wrong but it's not the first time microsoft does crappy things with HTTP,
> see NTLM).

HTTP is such a versatile protocol,  and, as already being sung by some
"some of them want to be abused" :)

> Please note that such protocols will generally not work across
> caches or anti-virus proxies.

Well. In this case, all proxies on the client side will only see https
traffic; they should not be able to inspect that.

> With "option http-no-delay", haproxy refrains from merging consecutive
> segments and forwards data as fast as they enter. This obviously leads
> to higher CPU and network usage due to the increase of small packets,
> but at least it will work as expected.

I'm following the mailing-list and saw that you did something
different for web-sockets?
[...]because haproxy switches to tunnel mode when it sees the WS
handshake and it
keeps the connection open for as long as there is traffic.[...]
or is tunnel mode something different and keeps the inner working of
assembling and merging packets in the "http-mode"

I dunno if that's important but maybe one should do that for
"Content-Type:application/rpc", too, but anyhow it easy to throw in
the option and i'm more than happy that i can stay with my setup and
have client-stickiness for dryout-purposes.

And congrats to your new president :)

Thx again and again

 Beni.