Hi,

Le 09/05/2012 07:04, Baptiste a écrit :
Hi,

Yes, appsession has been obsoleted by "cookie" and "set-cookie" stick
tables pattern extraction (in HAProxy 1.5-dev7 as far as I remember).
As an example:

  stick-table type string len 32 size 10K
  stick store-response set-cookie(PHPSESSID)
  stick on cookie(PHPSESSID)

or, better, if your cookie is presented on the query string by the key
"session_id", then this would do the persistence as well:
  stick on url_param(session_id)

I may be wrong but I think there are still some points where "appsession" can't be replaced by stick tables.

- for example the use of path parameters :
http://example.com/url;jsessionid=XXX

- the use of cookie prefixes :
I don't see how to match cookies (or path parameters/query string) like ASPSESSIONIDXXX=<value> (where XXX is dynamic).

Maybe it still requires some development if we want to replace it by an equivalent with stick tables.

--
Cyril Bonté