Willy,

Following are the information I could gather:

As per this link <http://www.snapt-ui.com/haproxy/snapt-haproxy-and-tproxy/> we
need to add following sysctl parameters.

#Reverse Path Filtering: Basically, if the reply to a packet wouldn't go
out the interface this packet came in, then this is a bogus packet and
should be ignored.
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = 2
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 2

#Disable Reverse Path Filtering
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.rp_filter = 0

I am currently using a single physical ethernet interface for both
the networks (realservers network and VIPs network)
Are there any chances that this could create any issues?

Regarding kernel bugs:

   - 2.6.28 to 2.6.32 have different rp_filter configuration. The rp_filter
   settings (0 or 1) for these kernels will silently block TPROXY if used on
   newer kernels.
   - 2.6.28 to 2.6.36 are known to have ICMP and TIME_WAIT issues.
   - 2.6.32 to 2.6.34 have bridging issues on some systems

I am now using kernel version: 2.6.38-15-server

Thanks
Rahul N.