Hi,

Like Baptiste says, compression is on his way, and it's almost ready!
But I can't give you a release date for the moment.

There is no really "interceptor" concept, indeed, compression and SSL are not
at the same level, encryption is HTTP over SSL where compression is gzip over
HTTP.

As an HAProxy contributor, I can see the HAProxy core evolving and becoming
better and better. It becomes easier to implement that kind of feature.

--
William Lallemand