I think that there is an issue that you will have if you use the settings
from Baptiste's excellent blog post. As you are using individual XP
instances rather than terminal servers, you will have login collisions
where somebody who connects "steals" somebody else's active connection, and
the active connection is dropped.

I would investigate using balance leastconn and not use cookie persistence
to reduce login collisions.

If you had a dedicated VM per remote user, then the RWW (Remote Web
Workplace) from SBS 2008 or 2011 would be a perfect fit. RWW provides the
ability to filter which "desktops" a remote user can access, so you could
have a dedicated VM per user and avoid the login collision issue, however
SBS won't go into an existing domain..

Have you looked at multipoint server ?