Hi Joshua,

Keepalived doesn't communicate with haproxy. It keeps track of processes,
interfaces, etc.

Generally you use vrrp_script option in keepalived configuration to keep
track of processes (are they running? In your case haproxy) and if the
process is not running, reduce prio by X which causes a failover.

Read about vrrp_script in keepalived configuration. That's what you want to
use.

.pelle