Hi!

> if you have anything that needs the destination address (logs,
> transparent, ...) then conn_get_to_addr() is called early and
> the address is properly set.

Oh, ok. Well I use a minimalistic configuration when testing.

> It was intentional, as looking at the specs, I really did not feel like
> we could use the same classes nor the same method to set them.

I will quote RFC3260 for this:

> Diffserv uses six bits of the IPV4 or IPV6 header to convey the
> Diffserv Codepoint (DSCP), which selects a PHB.  RFC 2474 attempts to
> rename the TOS octet of the IPV4 header, and Traffic Class octet of
> the IPV6 header, respectively, to the DS field.
> [...]
> The IPV4 Type-of-Service (TOS) field and the IPV6 traffic class
> field are superseded by the 6 bit DS field and a 2 bit CU field
> [...]
> The two least significant bits of the IPV4 TOS octet and the IPV6
> Traffic Class octet are not used by Diffserv.
>
> When RFC 2474 is updated, consideration should be given to changing
> the designation "currently unused (CU)" to "explicit congestion
> notification (ECN)" and referencing RFC 3168 (or its successor).

So basically IPv4's TOS is the exact same thing as IPv6's traffic class,
including the bits for ECN.

I have "http-response set-tos 0x30" in my frontent and wireshark correctly
indentifies the ipv6 traffic with the correct class, tcpdumps does it as
well (class 0x30):

  14:21:43.918537 IP6 (class 0x30, hlim 64, next-header TCP (6) payload length:
1460) fe80::a00:27ff:fe8e:1c44.http> fe80::55c8:982:a13:8f73.50360: Flags [.],
cksum 0x485f (incorrect -> 0x927f), seq 1568:3008, ack 702, win 1034, length
1440

> I don't even know what method we can use to set the flags in this case.
> Maybe using the IPv4 method works?

I will play around with this, but I suspect we will not be able to cope
with it from userspace.

> One is a fix (to->from) and can as well include the doc fix. The other
> one is an improvement that will possibly need to be iteratively reworked
> later after some testing.

Perfect, I will bring them in a commitable form.

Regards,

Lukas