Jürgen,

I can confirm the same issue you're having in the case of older versions of Android 2.3. It seems this is related to SNI support (you can check a full list of platforms supporting SNI here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication).

Unfortunately the only workaround I found for now was using two separate HAProxy instances for the front-ends. If you can assign two public IP's to your server, you could bind to each of them and separate access this way.

July 8, 2013 7:50 PM
This is a follow-up question to the other thread "SSL Problem -
Untrusted Connection" which has meanwhile been resolved, thanks to Lukas
and Duncan. My PEM files are now working properly.

Here is what I have in the config file:

frontend https-in
bind :443 ssl crt /var/proxy/certs/fallback.pem crt /var/proxy/certs/domain1.pem crt /var/proxy/certs/domain2.pem
use_backend ssl_backend

Now, when calling https://domain1 this works from all modern platforms
and browsers. But a lot customers with older equipment (i.e. most of
them from within banking networks - no kidding) are reporting that their
browser (IE8 on XP as an example) is warning them when visiting domain1
on SSL. As I couldn't reproduce that problem from elsewhere, I just
installed XP and IE8 and bang, yes I get the same warning.

What happens is that HAProxy is using the fallback certificate.

When I remove that and only have this config:

frontend https-in
bind :443 ssl crt /var/proxy/certs/domain1.pem
use_backend ssl_backend

Then everything works also on older systems.

I think, from that we can assume that the certificates are just fine.
But something with HAProxy seems not quite right for all circumstances
if there are more than one CRTs in one bind statement.

If anyone needed an environment for testing and reproduction, please let
me know. I can provide more infos or even access to our system if that's
necessary.

Thanks
Jürgen

--
Andrei Marinescu -- co-founder
Appscend - The Mobile Experience Igniter

Calea Plevnei 46-48, Bucharest, Romania
phone: +4 0742 896 394
email: and...@appscend.com