Hi,

> You're misunderstanding outgoing interface and bound IP address.
>
> when using "source x.x.x.x", haproxy will use the NIC which hosts the
> IP address x.x.x.x to try to reach the server.
> then your kernel will pick up the main IP address configured on the
> corresponding nic, that's why it works when you have one IP per NIC
> but it doesn't work when you have many aliases.

Ho, ok, thanks for the explanation.

> To make it work in both cases, simply use "source 0.0.0.0 usesrc
> x.x.x.x", that way, HAProxy will let the kernel to choose the right
> outgoing NIC but will tell the kernel which IP to bind to when
> connecting to the remote server.

Aaand ... my old kernel (2.6.25) doesn't support transparent proxy.
 'usesrc' not allowed here because support for TPROXY was not compiled in.
I tried to force USE_TPROXY=1, but it doesn't change anything (and the
compiler doesn't show any error, is it normal ?)
We will have to do a major upgrade of our load balancing system ...

Thanks a lot !

Neri