On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 07:26:25AM -0200, Fred Pedrisa wrote:
> > OK. The last point could slightly help in reducing the number of calls to
> kqueue and aggregate more events at once. But FreeBSD's kqueue is really
> fast so that should not change much. You really need to be able to pin the
> processes to certain CPUs, as well as the interrupts. Unfortunately I cannot
> be of any help here :-(
>
> But do you believe the CPU pinning will really make all this difference ?

It completely depends on the CPU architecture. It's common to see a 2x
improvement compared to the worst case which tends to be the default one.
But for this you need a CPU with a fast enough shared cache and to ensure
that you get *all* your NICs interrupts on (set of) a core(s) that share
the same cache as the one(s) running haproxy.

> know how to do it, using pthread, because I am used with it, just a few
> lines of code are able to make it.

It might be worth experimenting if you know how to do it.