Hi Andreas,

Its not like your question was wrong, but probably there is no good/satisfying short answer to this, and it was overrun by other mails...

As far as i know it is not possible to keep this kind information persisted in haproxy itself when a config restart is needed.

The -sf only makes sure old connections will nicely be closed when they are 'done'.

I have 'heard' of statistics gathering tools that use the haproxy unix stats socket to query the stats and store the information in a separate database that way you could get continued statistics after the config is changed.. I don't have any examples on how to do this or have a name of such a tool in mind though.. Though googling for "haproxy monitoring" quickly shows some commercial tools that have haproxy plugins and probably would provide answers to the questions you have.

Maybe others on the list do use programs/scripts/tools to also keep historical/cumulative data for haproxy and can share their experience with it?

Greets PiBa-NL