On 4/14/14, 8:30 AM, "Willy Tarreau" <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 06:14:09PM -0700, Ian Scott wrote:
>> On 04/07/2014 07:47 AM, Juan Jimenez wrote:
>> >Is there a reason this list allows anyone to post messages? The amount
>>of
>> >spam on this list is astounding. This is 2014, folks. The methods to
>> >prevent this became good practice long, long ago.
>>
>> I agree, this is pretty ridiculous. The list should be only open to
>> posting from subscribers.
>
>What is ridiculous are lists which send messages back to people who are
>brought to a conversation and which force them to subscribe before posting
>a response to kindly offer assistance to help someone.
>
>This list, as a number of other opensource projects lists, is open, which
>means that *nobody* is forced to subscribe to contribute. If you don't
>subscribe, you don't receive any spam.
>
>So I strongly urge you to unsubscribe to save 20 or so spams a week you
>can
>get here. I'm used to get something between 10 and 100 a day on other
>higher
>volume lists and it's not a problem, so surely dealing with 20 a week is
>OK.
>
>Willy

Actually, no, it¹s not. Like most people who subscribe, I do so because I
want to follow the discussions on the product and have more than a passing
interest in it, especially since the current dev version addresses things
that are needed to be useful in the configuration we are supporting.
Subscribe/Unsubscribe is a simple process in virtually all mailing lists
now. Like I said, this is 2014Š

Juan