On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 07:58:25AM +0200, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > May I ask about the ETA on this?
>
> It's too early for me to know, I need to go down deep into the ebtrees first
> see if longest match is compatible with strings storage-wise, then I need to
> study how patterns are built as trees to see how to do that as well. Possibly
> it's just one or two days of work once I understand everything.

OK in the end it was extremely easy :-)
Thierry has done an amazing job at making the pattern management very modular,
because I just changed the index and lookup to try in a tree first with a
different algorithm and that works fine! So we don't care about the
compatibility between regular string match and beginning.

So that's pushed into git now if you want to give it a try.