Hi Matt,

You have to use HAProxy 1.5.
You can load redirects from a map file.
Map file content, 2 columns, with on the left the reference (what
you're looking from in the client request) and on the right the
response to send back.
domain2.com subdomain.domain1.com

Then, in your frontend, simply add:
http-request redirect code 302 prefix
http://%[req.hdr(host),map_str(map_redirects.lst)] if {
req.hdr(Host),map_str(map_redirects.lst) -m found }

Content of map_redirects.lst:
domain2.com subdomain.domain1.com

If the domain is not listed, then HAProxy will return a 503.

Here are some results:
GET http://127.0.0.1:8080/ -H "Host: domain2.com"

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Cache-Control: no-cache
Location: http://subdomain.domain1.com/
Connection: close

GET http://127.0.0.1:8080/blah -H "Host: domain2.com"

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Cache-Control: no-cache
Location: http://subdomain.domain1.com/blah
Connection: close

GET http://127.0.0.1:8080/ -H "Host: domain1.com"

HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable
Cache-Control: no-cache
Connection: close

The content of the map can be updated through the HAProxy socket or
though HTTP headers.
Read the manual to know how.

Bear in mind HAProxy will reset its memory with the content of the
file when reloading. So it's up to you to sync the memory of HAProxy
and the content of the file.

Baptiste