On 05/27/2014 08:32 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
It could really be a site sucker. It first establishes connection pools
and distributes requests for objects found in pages across these pre-
established connections, then sends the reqeust and shutdown(SHUT_WR).
It is also possible that there is a high packet loss rate on the client
and that it took 7 seconds for it to manage to send its request after
establishing the connection! That could also be the consequence of a
bot saturating the client's link with many such requests.

I've turned off 'abortonclose' and I'm almost not seeing 503s with CCVN any more.

I probably have increase in number of sessions, but to be certain I have to set up haproxy monitoring.