> If we had introduced this option in 1.5-dev, I would
> have agreed, but it's been there for 4 years now since version 1.4, so
> we should not silently break it. Also, till now we have always maintained
> compatibility since 1.1 for all valid configs. I don't have trouble with
> breaking some compatibility when opening 1.6-dev, but it's a bit late for
> 1.5.

I understand your point and I agree that 1.5-dev has been out for a
while, so introducing a break a few weeks before final release is a
bit short.

Cyril's solution of handling both version with a single check is of
course the best way but needs a bigger rewrite. If it could be done
before 1.5 release, we would avoid the extra parameter (we would be
stuck with it for many years ...). Nenad, what's your opinion on this
?

Olivier