Van: Michel Hoogervorst
Verzonden: dinsdag 3 juni 2014 12:02
Aan: 'Baptiste'
CC: haproxy@formilux.org
Onderwerp: RE: [chkfail] what went wrong?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

This is how our config looks like (I stripped some non-relevant comments and
names):
global
    log         127.0.0.1 local2
    chroot      /var/lib/haproxy
    pidfile     /var/run/haproxy.pid
    maxconn     20000
    user        haproxy
    group       haproxy
    daemon
    tune.maxrewrite 2048
    stats socket /var/lib/haproxy/stats

defaults
    mode                    http
    log                     global
    option                  httplog
    option                  dontlognull
    option                  dontlog-normal
    option forwardfor       except 127.0.0.0/8
    option                  redispatch
    retries                 3
    timeout http-request    10s
    timeout queue           1m
    timeout connect         10s
    timeout client          30m
    timeout server          30m
    timeout http-keep-alive 10s
    timeout check           10s
    maxconn                 20000

listen webcluster_prod 127.0.0.1:8081
  mode http
  balance hdr(X-Forwarded-For)

  option contstats
  option httpchk HEAD /check.txt HTTP/1.0
  option httpclose

  server xxx 10.20.30.1:80 check
  server yyy 10.20.30.2:80 check

When a server goes down I do get a message in the log, so loggins seems to work
fine. I just would like to know what the chkfail is about since I only see it
in the stats and nowhere else.

Kind regards,

Michel Hoogervorst