I realize that not everyone may have had those old messages around.  I have
included my original post below.  Also, I've read that using the ssl
sessionid is not reliable so I'm looking for an alternative.

I was happily using HAProxy, until I received word that we need to also
encrypt traffic to the web servers.  So, internet --https--> load balancer
--https--> web servers.  Can I still do this with HAProxy?  We don't need
any Layer 7 rules.  If so, what would the config look like?

We do need the following:

1) HTTPS all the way through
2) Web servers need to see the IP of the user
3) Users need sticky sessions to a web server (where the sticky assignment
counter gets refreshed on each user request)
4) HTTPS Keep-Alive support
5) Mobile and older browser support (I say this because I keep reading this
about SNI, but I don't know if that applies to us)

Would #4 cause problems because HAProxy is a proxy and not a forwarder?

Thanks