Hi,

I've been reading the documentation and searching the mail list, but one
thing is not clear for me. I have nbroc 2, 2 frontends pined to a separate
cpu core and 1-1 backend. The bind-process options of these backends are
inherited from their parent frontend.  Thus, are both processes supposed to
do healthcheck for backend servers or just the desired process should do
that?

example:

nbproc 2
cpu-map 1 0
cpu-map 2 1

frontend frn1
bind 10.0.0.10:80 process 1 name frn1
bind-process 1
default_backend bck1

frontend frn2
bind 10.0.0.10:81 process 2 name frn2
bind-process 2
default_backend bck2

backend bck1
        option httpchk HEAD /healthcheck HTTP/1.1\r\n
        server  srv1 10.0.0.1:80 maxconn 5000 weight 50 check inter 5s fall
2 rise 1 slowstart 15s
        server  srv2 10.0.0.2:80 maxconn 5000 weight 50 check inter 5s fall
2 rise 1 slowstart 15s

backend bck2
        option httpchk HEAD /healthcheck HTTP/1.1\r\n
        server  srv3 10.0.0.3:80 maxconn 5000 weight 50 check inter 5s fall
2 rise 1 slowstart 15s
        server  srv4 10.0.0.4:80 maxconn 5000 weight 50 check inter 5s fall
2 rise 1 slowstart 15s

So the question is should both haproxy processes send health check queries
to srv1 and srv2 or only the first process is designated to do this?
In my setup I see traffic from both processes. If I set 6 or more pinned
frontends with different backends then the health checks can saturate the
backend servers. I tought only the right process should check for status.
The rest could never send traffic to the servers anyway. Am I wrong or I
just missing something?

I'm using 1.5.2 stable. (released 2014/07/12)
HA-Proxy version 1.5.2 2014/07/12
Copyright 2000-2014 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>

Build options :
  TARGET  = linux26
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = gcc
  CFLAGS  = -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing
  OPTIONS = USE_LINUX_SPLICE=1 USE_LINUX_TPROXY=1 USE_LIBCRYPT=1
USE_GETADDRINFO=1 USE_ZLIB=1 USE_EPOLL=1 USE_CPU_AFFINITY=1 USE_OPENSSL=1
USE_STATIC_PCRE=1 USE_TFO=1

Regards,
Gabor