Hi Apollon,

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 03:14:41PM +0300, Apollon Oikonomopoulos wrote:
> By default systemd will send SIGTERM to all processes in the service's
> control group. In our case, this includes the wrapper, the master
> process and all worker processes.
>
> Since commit c54bdd2a the wrapper actually catches SIGTERM and survives
> to see the master process getting killed by systemd and regard this as
> an error, placing the unit in a failed state during "systemctl stop".

Then shouldn't we fix this by letting the wrapper die after receiving the
SIGTERM ? Otherwise I'm happy to merge your patch, but I'd rather ensure
that we don't encounter yet another issue.

I'm really amazed by the amount of breakage these new service managers are
causing to a simple process management that has been working well for over
40 years of UNIX existence now, and the difficulty we have to work around
this whole mess!

Thanks!