Hi everyone,

do you know this project :
https://github.com/fastos/fastsocket

"Currently Fastsocket is implemented in the Linux kernel(kernel-2.6.32-431.17.1.el6) of CentOS-6.5. According to our evaluations, Fastsocket increases throughput of Nginx and Haproxy(measured by connections per second) by *290%* and *620%* on a 24-core machine, compared to the base CentOS-6.5 kernel."

There is an evaluaton :
https://github.com/fastos/fastsocket#online-evaluation

SUITABLE SCENARIOS

Generally, scenarios meeting the following conditions will benefit the most from Fastsocket:

    The machine has no less than 8 CPU cores.
Large portion of the CPU cycles is spent in network softirq and socket related system calls.
    Short TCP connections are heavily used.
    Application uses non-blocking IO over epoll as the IO framework.
    Application uses multiple processes to accept connections individually.

Meanwhile, we are developing Fastsocket to improve the network stack performance in more general scenarios.

Willy have you tried it ? And if yes do you recommend it ?

Thanks.