Hey all,

can someone give me a very brief summary of how haproxy handles its
connection pooling when the backend server sends "Connection: close"
and/or HTTP/1.0?

Or, to be more specific, we have (for certain traffic) an haproxy
instance as backend for another haproxy. We are seeing huge increases in
"sessions_cur" when one of the all-the-way-back-ends fail. I noticed
that haproxy itself responds with HTTP/1.0 and "Connection: close" when
a backend is unavailable. Would that mess with the connection pooling of
the front-most haproxy? And, if so, would there any way to change this
behaviour?

We cannot rule out that this is an issue caused by how clients react to
the errors, but I would nevertheless love to gain some insight into this
scenario. Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Conrad
--
Conrad Hoffmann
Traffic Engineer

SoundCloud Ltd. | Rheinsberger Str. 76/77, 10115 Berlin, Germany

Managing Director: Alexander Ljung | Incorporated in England & Wales
with Company No. 6343600 | Local Branch Office | AG Charlottenburg |
HRB 110657B