> One reason for that would be to separate the flow and configuration of
> different systems.
> If i use the same installation for multiple systems (propelled by
> different teams and agendas)
> then each time the config file is touched, all systems are likely to be
> affected and hence the changes would need to be tested against all
> their requirements.
> However if i use the same server but different instances, my changes to
> the configuration would be impacting only the corresponding system.

If thats the issue then I would suggest to install it to different boxes or VMs.

Otherwise, HAproxy can be started or installed multiple times without
any problem, but you will have to adjust configurations, init-scripts, etc, for
example to use unique PID files.

You probably also want different chroot paths.

Lukas