>>> Is there a problem with health checks and haproxy? Again, using a
>>> machine
>>> gun approach on the health check service, we see no problems, but for
>>> whatever reason, occasionally (maybe 1 out 10, could be more), the
>>> haproxy
>>> tcp expect fails. Using tcpdump, seems we're getting the right return
>>> though.
>>
>> Can you share that tcpdump?
>
> That one is harder to share, difficult to sanitize.
>

>>> We're using haproxy 1.15 without pcre expressions.
>>
>> There is no such release. What release are you running exactly?
>
> Dyslexia I guess... I meant 1.5.10

Management is saying we're going to drop haproxy for nginx-plus because of
this problem.... so last chance if anyone has any ideas on this.

(have a feeling that unless an "idea" and/or "fix" comes today, that it
will too late though... but feel free to respond anyhow.... maybe it will
help somebody else!)