>> and 2. how
>> could we write a new function in HAProxy which takes a buffer of data in
>> entry and can return a string (or buffer of data)
>
> I think that what you want to implement is a sample fetch function. For
> example, take a look at the recently introduced "req.hdr_names" function,
> which iterates over all request headers and produces a string that can be
> used to build a log line, another header or whatever. I think it will be
> straightforward enough for you to understand how to implement this with
> your lib.
>
> Best regards,
> Willy

Hi Willy,

I think a converter is more suited here.
I mean, a fetch can't take a buffer issued from the result of an other fetch...
The idea would to configure it something like
  http-request set-header Foobar
req.hdr(HEADER),mikefunction(<parameters if required>)

Mike, in such case, you want to have a look at this file:
  http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/sample.c;hb=HEAD
and with the upper and lower and any other converter functions.

Baptiste