On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 12:40:03AM +0100, Thierry FOURNIER wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:11:56 +0100
> Cyril Bonté <cyril.bo...@free.fr> wrote:
> > I've also seen this commit : "MEDIUM: lua: use the Lua-5.3 version of
> > the library" [1]
> > This one may be annoying in the short term for some users, because Lua
> > 5.3 is not available in all distributions (for example debian, ubuntu, ...).
> > Currently for such distributions, it requires to recompile Lua 5.3 with
> > a small patch to generate the ".so" dynamic library. For those who want
> > to make some tests, you can have a look at [2] and [3] and the patches
> > they both provide.
>

> Arg, you're right :(. The Lua 5.3 is required for the session timeout.
> In the same way, it is necessary for the "forced-yield". This system
> forces a yield and permits to haproxy to get the hand for processing
> other things than Lua.
>
> With the version 5.2, this is not possible without frequently Lua error.
>
> Maybe I can do cohabitation for 5.2 and 5.3 version. The forced yield
> will be deactivated with compilation 5.2. The execution timeout remain
> active. BUt, I'm not sure that is a good idea.

Given that there's no way to break an infinite loop before 5.2 and that
Lua will be used by people who experiment with scripts, I'd rather stick
to 5.3 unless someone finds an acceptable workaround working with 5.2.
I'd rather avoid seeing people report unresponsive haproxy just because
of bugs in their Lua scripts :-/