On 25 March 2015 at 12:25, jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have to do manually what "-sf" is supposed to be doing since it's either
> not working or not supported and removed.
> I know what that does is send a signal to the pid stored by the haproxy
> process. I'd like to do that myself.
> Just need to know the signal name.
> thanks
> jeff

Haproxy doesn't reload its config.
-sf is there so that the new haproxy you're spawning tells the old one
to stop accepting new connections and exit once the current one are
closed.
You do not send a signal to the running haproxy process (well, you do,
but not only), you *replace* it.

What you may be looking for, though, is haproxy-systemd-wrapper, which
does all this automatically when it receives SIGUSR2 or SIGHUP.

Regards,
Marc-Antoine