On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Krishna Kumar (Engineering)
<krishna...@flipkart.com> wrote:
> Hi Baptiste,
>
> Thank you very much for the tips. I have nbproc=8 in my configuration. Made
> the
> following changes:
>
> Added both bind and tune.bufsize change                        result ->
> works.
> Removed the tune.bufsize
> result -> works.
> Added bind-process for frontend and backend as:
>         bind-process 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
> result -> works
> Removed the bind-process
> result -> fails.
>
> (the bind-process change you suggested worked for 16K and also for 128K,
> which
> was what I was initially testing before going smaller to find that 16K
> failed and 4K
> worked)
>
> The performance for SSL is also very much lower compared to regular traffic,
> it may be related to configuration settings (about 2x to 3x worse):
>
> 128 bytes I/O:
>         SSL:        BW: 22168.31 KB/s      RPS: 63408.79
>         NO-SSL: BW: 61193.31 KB/s       RPS: 175033.38
>
> 64K bytes I/O:
>         SSL:        BW: 506393.55 KB/s     RPS: 7884.49 rps
>         NO-SSL: BW: 1101296.07 KB/s    RPS: 17147.05 rps
>
> I will send the configuration a little later, as it needs heavy cleaning up,
> there are
> lots of things I want to clean before that.
>
> Thanks,
> - Krishna Kumar

Ok, so we spotted a bug there :)
At least, HAProxy should warn you your backend and frontend aren't on
the same process.
In my mind, HAProxy silently create a backend to the frontend's
process, even if it was not supposed to be there. But this behavior
may have changed recently.

No time to dig further in it, but I'll let Willy know so he can check about it.

Simply bear this rule in mind: a frontend and a backend must be on the
same process.

Baptiste