On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 12:21 PM, RAKESH P B <pb.rakes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a strange situation where requests to my HAProxy are returning with
> a 503 error. HAProxy logs shows that a NOSRV error: for POST requests from
> application RSET service.
>
> api-https-in~ api-https-in/<NOSRV> -1/-1/-1/-1/40 503 1237 - - SC--
> 15/0/0/0/0 0/0 "POST /<PATH> HTTP/1.1"

According to the docs the SC connection termination flags mean:

     SC   The server or an equipment between it and haproxy explicitly
refused
          the TCP connection (the proxy received a TCP RST or an ICMP
message
          in return). Under some circumstances, it can also be the network
          stack telling the proxy that the server is unreachable (eg: no
route,
          or no ARP response on local network). When this happens in HTTP
mode,
          the status code is likely a 502 or 503 here.

So if you are confident that you are looking at the same type of requests
and in the same time period for both cases you are showing (with and
without HAP), then you should turn your attention to the networking side of
the things. Make sure nothing is blocking the connections between HAP and
the backends (ie can you at least telnet to port 80 from HAP to the
backend), confirm that your health check "HEAD /test.jsp HTTP/1.0" really
works, confirm your backend understands and actually uses X-Forwarded-Proto
header, confirm that your backend has a capacity for 8096 simultaneous
connections etc. etc. etc.

--
Igor Cicimov | DevOps

p. +61 (0) 433 078 728